Autumn Refresh & Renew Yoga Retreat
We never outgrow that back-to-school, brand-new-year feeling that comes with the beginning of September. Who says kids are the only ones who get a fresh start?
With the daily grind of work, deadlines, family, errands and all the things we juggle, it’s nearly impossible to just stop for a moment to breathe. Give yourself a gift: Take a long weekend in Lake George and nurture your body and mind with both vinyasa and meditative yoga, hiking, swimming, and more. Nourish yourself and learn techniques for eating deliciously and healthfully at home. Come with us and de-stress, relax, and focus on you.
Lake George is the perfect setting for this relaxing getaway. Give yourself over from the time you step into the provided transportation from NYC. We'll stay at a cozy house near the Adirondacks with a private chef, lots of outdoor activities and plenty of time to simply enjoy yourself. This friendly, casual retreat is designed to give you a fresh perspective, a chance to focus on taking care of yourself and having fun.
A question to ask is whether you have to fit yoga or can the yoga fit you? On this retreat, you will explore, play, and make present moment choices about movement and breath to honor where you are. With light-hearted intention, there will be time to learn about yoga, this science of the mind, while building heat during the morning vinyasa class, and settling the mind during the end-of-the-day guided meditation. Plus: yoga teachers joining the retreat can receive 8CE continuing ed credits.
Healthy eating isn’t just about kale and quinoa, and it definitely isn’t about deprivation and guilt. Food is not the enemy; it is pleasure, it’s sharing and savoring, it’s fuel. Through nutrition and whole-health workshops and even a cooking class (hint: There will be chocolate), you’ll fall in love with foods and habits that are enjoyable, delicious and fun, that nourish your body and restore your energy, so you can love the way you look and feel as well as kicking butt at everything on your to-do list.
4 days / 3 nights accommodations at The Brampton, a large private house near Lake George, NY
Daily yoga sessions
Nutrition / healthy cooking class
Transportation to/from NYC provided
Hiking in the Adirondacks (medium difficulty level)
Water activities like swimming & tubin
Evening bonfires with s'mores
Yoga teachers can receive 8CE continuing ed credits
Welcome Wellness Bags
Meet The Coaches
Testimonials about Beth and Mindy
“Weekly yoga sessions with Mindy are a must for my well-being. I started my sessions as a complete beginner and although I still have a lot of growing to do, I am now comfortable and confident in my own skin. Mindy has not only taught me the benefits of the physical side of yoga but also the mental nurturing you need to allow yourself. As someone with an invisible disease, I couldn't be more thankful for Mindy coming into my life and helping me along the way.” —Bridget M.
“Simply put, Mindy is a beautiful teacher--her grace and wisdom is always present in her teaching, as is her radiant smile and easy laugh. I’ve had the honor to take her classes as well as work with her on an one-on-one basis, and I always feel I’m in her loving hands, encouraging me to explore my body in a new way. And, if you’re lucky enough to be adjusted by her, or soothed during savasana, you’ll feel like you’ve been touched by an angel.” --Christina D.
"I asked for Beth's help in changing my eating habits. After a very thorough interview regarding my health and current eating, Beth created a framework for me to follow. Her advice was broad enough to allow me freedom of choice, yet specific enough to help me navigate this change, and very informative in terms of nutrition. Best of all, Beth is a true food lover, so there are plenty of healthy indulgences in her recommendations. I've started making the changes that Beth suggested, and my diet is more delicious--and nutritious--than ever." --Carol N.
"Beth developed a customized approach for my needs focusing on wellness beyond my diet (and taught me that everything I thought I knew about cholesterol-lowering foods was wrong!). Happily, her suggestions were creative and delicious, her ideas tactical. She’s an expert! She helped me make healthier choices that enhanced the flavors I loved. As a nutritional coach, she was outstanding. But what is really remarkable is Beth’s human-ness and EQ. She doesn’t judge—she supports with concrete suggestions." --Elizabeth S.
Thursday, September 14:
- Depart NYC in a private shuttle at 10AM and get to know the group. We'll arrive at the house early afternoon, get settled, and enjoy a light lunch.
- Welcome yoga: An afternoon yoga session to flow and breathe after a day of traveling with time to set a sankalpha, an intention for the retreat.
- Group dinner prepared by a private chef followed by a welcome bonfire (& s'mores)!
riday, September 15:
- Morning Vinyasa Yoga: How to find the Sthira and Sukha, stability and mobility, in our movements, breath, and thoughts.
- Group breakfast and relaxation time
- Afternoon hike in the Adirondacks with a stop along the way for picnic lunch & food talk: "Eat to maximize energy and feel like a bad-ass"
- Free time in the afternoon and then an evening Slow Flow & Guided Meditation.
- Group dinner and talk around the bonfire: "How to get more (& better) sleep"
Saturday, September 16:
- Morning Vinyasa Yoga: What is at the core of our core?
- Spend the day freely or enjoying the water activities like swimming, tubing, or even waterskiing depending on the weather
- Come back to the lodge for a healthy cooking class: "F-the-vending-machine awesome healthy snacks"
- Group dinner & farewell bonfire
Sunday, September 17:
- Morning Vinyasa Yoga: How to take yoga off the mat.
- Group breakfast, final talk: "How to bring that 'yoga retreat' feeling home with you," and pack up
- Head back to NYC in the private group shuttle after lunch, around 1PM
*Itinerary subject to change
Special: Sign up by June 15 and choose from one of the following:
- A 30-minute coaching call with Beth: Focus on you and your most pressing questions about nutrition, stress, sleep or anything else that's affecting your health. You're a half hour away from having more energy!
- A 45 min free yoga session with Mindy: A great opportunity to ask any question about specific poses, concepts, sensations, explorations of your yoga practice.
- $895 per person in a shared room; +$200 for a private room (limited)
- $300 deposit to hold your spot