Join us for a special weekend with Zaac Chaves.
Maximum 14 to 16 spaces available.
- Leave NYC mid-afternoon Friday, May 19th in Brampton minibusses (or drive yourself)
- Depart Brampton late afternoon Sunday back to Manhattan
- Spend 3 days and 2 unforgettable nights at the lodge
- 2 forage-inspired feast paired with incredible wines. Menu by Pas & Zaac, breakfast, and lunch cooked by our Executive Chef Pas Nirathband
- All beer and wine included plus we proudly serve Hudson whiskey for campfire chats
- Saturday, heading out to the forest in search of wild mushrooms. Late noon, we break for a fantastic bag lunch (NOT like your Mom used to make...) and then continue hunting until late afternoon before returning to The Bampton.
- After dinner, sit around the fire with your beverage of choice and tell tall tales as late as you wish.
- Learn how to start the fire and other survival skill
The Food: enjoy a spectacular gourmet dinner showcasing the wild mushrooms foraged that day and featuring many locally harvested products of the forest, lakes, and fields in the area.
Often turned to for field expertise regarding fungi, Zaac Chaves guides people through realms in which details matter immensely. Zaac's skills are routinely requested by both Harvard University and the New York Botanical Gardens for rare and disappearing species' surveys. Zaac too occasionally teaches outside of academia to more playful schoolchildren(1st - 9th Grade) as well as devoted herbalists. Along these jaunts, Zac brings out a plethora of cunning techniques including primitive pyrotechnics, professional-grade documentation with the most obsolete (ie cheap) digital cameras, and effectively foraging delicious treats.